Filing Mesothelioma claims can provide help financially for people suffering from these diseases, as well as for the families who are facing extreme costs of medical bills. Help is also provided to people who are experiencing life-changing losses because of this cancer.
Therefore, if you or anyone in your family is suffering through this condition, then it is best to know how to correctly pursue Mesothelioma claims. If you are a resident in Philadelphia, then you can hire the Lawyers of Cohen, Placitella and Roth as they are the most as they are well known and reputed in dealing in such areas.
Let us now see the correct guidelines on how to pursue Mesothelioma claims:
Mesothelioma is a type of cancer that affects the thin layer of tissues in the lungs, heart, stomach and other organs. Exposure to asbestos is the only known cause of this condition. Most people get exposed to asbestos during their job or during the time they served in the military. While family members of such people can also find themselves second-handedly exposed to asbestos through skin, hair, etc.
For years many companies have risked their employees being exposed to such harmful fibers, without warning them. So much so has been the effect of this harmful matter, that people are getting diagnosed with Mesothelioma till now. The average latency period of the life-threatening disease is of 15-60 years.
Therefore, to claim Mesothelioma, you must prove which company is responsible for your exposure to asbestos. For this reason, it is highly advised that you hire a lawyer who can track down the blueprints of the shipyard, factory or any other place where you worked. They will also search through the records of the company that show that they have supplied materials made out of asbestos to the job sites.
Filing Claim Options
A few options through which you can file claims for mesothelioma are:
- Personal Injury- You can claim personal injury against the company which is responsible for your exposure. Such a claim can seek compensation for future and past medical expenses, diminished earning capacity, lost wages, suffering, and pains.
- Wrongful Death- If you have lost a family member to this cancer, or any other asbestos related disease, then you can file these claims. It can help you recover financial aid for the burial and funeral expenses, the medical expenses for the person, the value of the wages lost, benefits and support.
- Veteran’s Benefits- Since asbestos products were more commonly used in the Navy, the people diagnosed with the Mesothelioma cancer can receive monthly VA benefits.
- Worker’s Compensation- People who have had to leave their job due to the diagnosis of Mesothelioma cancer caused through that job, can claim for worker’s compensation benefits. They can cover the costs related to occupational illness.
Mesothelioma Insurance Claims
There are many types of insurances that you can claim, that can help you cover your expenses when your legal claims are still under process. The health insurance is commonly the first option that most people go for, apart from which, other options include:
- Disability Insurance- People suffering through Mesothelioma can file for a disability claim for insurance through the people who have employed them. They can also go for a Social Security Disability Insurance Claim.
- Life Insurance- Life insurance policies help people get many benefits for the family members, in the unfortunate events of their deaths.
- Medical Insurance- Coverage received from medical insurance can vary depending on the type of the policy and the carrier. Such claims can get the patients a co-pay as well as a high deductible to meet so as to cover their Mesothelioma treatment if they are relying on medical insurance.
- Supplemental Insurance- Patients who have supplemental insurance along with their primary health insurance, can get their lawyers to go through the policy to determine all the possible options for coverage of all the health care expenses.
Your lawyer can help you throughout the process of pursuing Mesothelioma claims. Therefore, to be able to successfully get remunerations from the accused party, it is advised that you take help from experienced lawyers from this field!